This short film by students from Media Design School New Zealand won Best Animated Film at the 2016 Comi-Con International Independent film Festival.
For those of you learning Blender right now, I feel the same.
“We make it look easy on the court…
because we practice until we cannot get it wrong anymore.” – Gabby Williams
Here’s a really basic video on how to model a head. This just gives you an idea how it’s done.
If you liked that, here’s a more detailed video specific to Blender. It’s about 15 minutes long but would take longer if you were going to follow along because you’d need to pause it. It moves fast.
Interested? This guy from Blender Cookie is a master. Here’s a 10 part video tutorial. Enjoy!
Indie game developers Northway Games are a husband and wife team who travel and develop interactive virtual reality games on the Unity platform. If you like the video below then you can read more about them here.
How do you think this was achieved digitally?
I’m pleased to announce that Nayland College Digital Dojo has been granted educational licenses to use Unity 5 in 2016.
From their website:
Unity Technologies values the immense contributions made by educators and educational institutions. You help drive the future of the industry and expand the use of interactive application and game development technologies. You teach, support and mentor learners so they can realize their ambitions. We do all we can to support you through:
- Easy and open access for individual students and faculty with Unity 5 Personal Edition
- Special offers for institutions on licenses, content and services
- An enhanced program of video tutorials and sample projects to support learning
- An comprehensive, competency-based, hands-on curricular framework
- An industry-validated Professional Skills Standard with an academic cross-reference
- A vibrant online community of committed users keen to team up and offer advice
How do you think they achieved this?